Pinaputok na Tilapia
Enrich the flavor and nutrients of classic fried tilapia by grilling it with fresh onions and tomatoes.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
8 tilapia, scaled and cleaned
2 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
cooking oil for frying
2 onions, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper
¼ cup melted butter
- Rub tilapia with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat cooking oil for frying. Fry tilapia until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cut 8 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to wrap fried tilapia.
- To assemble, top fried tilapia with chopped onion and tomatoes. Sprinkle with dashes of salt and pepper. Drizzle with a tsp of melted butter and then seal foil on all sides.
- Grill prepared tilapia for 5 minutes or until foil wrapper pops. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 19 g
Fats: 25 g
Calories: 301 kcal
GOOD TO KNOW
Tomato is a good source of lycopene, the nutrient which helps reduce bad cholesterol.
GOOD TO REMEMBER
Most seafoods are not only good sources of protein but are also low in fat.