Wellnessize your usual menudo by mixing in B-vitamin and iron-rich pork liver to your dish.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 15 minutes to marinate pork and liver
½ kg pork kasim, sliced into cubes
¼ kg pork liver, sliced into cubes
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tbsp calamansi juice
1 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
5 longanisang macau, sliced diagonally
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup cubed and fried potatoes
- Marinate pork and liver in soy sauce, calamansi juice and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP for at least 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil. Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until limp.
- Stir in marinated pork and liver. Cook until pork and liver change in color or for about 20 minutes.
- Add the longanisa and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour in tomato sauce and simmer covered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with fried potatoes on top as garnish.
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 24 g
Fats: 46 g
Calories: 575 kcal
GOOD TO KNOW
Potatoes and beans are very good dish extenders. Adding these lessens the use of more meats in preparing meals. Make them even more delicious with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP.
GOOD TO REMEMBER
There are no good or bad food, only good and bad diets. You can enjoy your favorite food in small balanced portions.