Discover a new way to enjoy longanisa: homemade and Wellnessized with lean ground pork.
3 tbsp achuete oil (annatto oil)
¼ cup minced garlic
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup vinegar
½ kg ground pork
1 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
fresh tomato slices, optional
- Heat achuete oil. Stir-fry garlic until lightly brown.
- Add sugar, cook until sugar is almost dissolved. Pour in vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add ground pork and cook until pork changes in color.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Top steamed or fried rice with cooked longanisa if desired. Serve with slices of fresh tomatoes.
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 11 g
Fats: 15 g
Calories: 193 kcal
GOOD TO KNOW
Make sure the dishes you serve in a meal offer a variety of flavors: sour, bitter, sweet and salty. Complement this dish with fresh tomatoes to add more flavor.
GOOD TO REMEMBER
Preparing your own lunch not only saves you money, it can be more nutritious too.