Churittos with Chocolate Dip
Whether as a snack or dessert, these fresh churros taste delectable when coated with chocolate.
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp sugar
¼ cup NESTLÉ FRESH Milk
½ cup water
½ cup fl our
cooking oil for deep frying
For Chocolate Dip:
1 cup semi-sweet cooking chocolate
1 cup NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream
pinch of salt
1 tbsp butter
- In a sauce pan, combine butter, sugar, milk and water. Bring to a boil.
- When sugar is completely dissolved, stir in flour and mix vigorously using a wooden spoon.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture forms into a ball. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until smooth. Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe dough onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze until solid but not frozen.
- Fry churittos in hot oil until golden. Transfer on paper towels to drain excess oil. Set aside.
- To prepare chocolate dip, melt chocolate on a double boiler. Pour in cream and stir to fully incorporate cream and chocolate. Add a pinch of salt.
- Finish off with a tbsp of butter and serve on the side with the prepared churittos.
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 2 g
Fats: 12 g
Calories: 212 kcal
GOOD TO KNOW
Chocolates, when taken in moderation, fit perfectly well in a healthy eating plan. They contain flavonoids, which are antioxidants that fight free radicals.
GOOD TO REMEMBER
This merienda provides an alternative way of enjoying milk.