Richly flavored and cooked with vegetables, this Filipino dish is hearty food that’s both satisfying and nourishing.
1½ kg beef ribs, sliced into cubes
1 onion, quartered
2 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
2 liters water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ cup sliced onion
2 tomatoes, sliced
patis to taste
2 pieces camote, cubed
4 pieces banana saba, halved
1 cup sliced pechay
2 cups sliced cabbage
2 cups canned pork and beans
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Tenderize beef with onion and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP in water for 1 hour or if using a pressure cooker for 40 minutes. Start timing when the pressure cooker begins to whistle.
- When beef is tender, drain beef from stock. Set aside beef stock for later use.
- Heat cooking oil. Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until limp. Add tenderized beef. Season with patis to taste.
- Stir in camote then banana saba. Cook for 5 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add pechay and cabbage. Cook uncovered for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in pork and beans. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 33 g
Fats: 21 g
Calories: 429 kcal
GOOD TO KNOW
MAGGI MAGIC SARAP helps make everyday meals become special dishes.
GOOD TO REMEMBER
Tenderizing meats ahead of time shortens actual cooking period.