Moms dedicate their time making sure their family gets the best, especially when it comes to nutrition. That’s why it’s always a good idea to #WELLNESSIZE what they eat. This means taking small steps toward wellness, such as making sure every ingredient used in preparing your family’s meal make up for nutritious meals.
#WELLNESSIZE your family’s meals as we present three of our classic dishes that’s delicious and oh-so-nutritious!
Your favorite carbonara prepared with tuna will not only delight your family but provide them with nutrients. Fish such as tuna contain Omega 3 fatty acid which was found beneficial to the heart by helping reduce cholesterol and limiting blood clots. Here’s an easy-to-prepare recipe you can try out.
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup chopped garlic
½ cup sliced button mushroom
1 cup canned tuna in olive oil
1 pack Nestlé All Purpose Cream 250ml
¼ cup green peas
1 sachet 8g Maggi Magic Sarap
½ cup water
300 g cooked spaghetti
- Heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until almost brown.
- Add mushroom and tuna. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream. Add green peas.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP. Thin the mixture by adding water. Mix to fully incorporate.
- Toss in cooked spaghetti noodles into the sauce. Combine until noodles are fully coated with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Your family will be pleasantly surprised to find their vegetables cooked with the creamy and nutritious goodness of coconut cream. Coconut cream contains medium chain triglyceride called lauric acid that is found to have antimicrobial benefits. What a tasty way to get your added fiber for the day. Try this with your family tonight.
2 tbsp. cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. ginger, crushed
1 small onion, diced
100g. pork belly
2 tbsp. bagoong alamang
1 cup coconut cream
¼ kg. siling panigang, halved, seeded and sliced
1 8g. MAGGI Magic Sarap
- Heat oil, sauté garlic, ginger and onion until limp. Stir in pork and cook until it changes color.
- Add bagoong alamang. Cook for another minute. Pour in coconut cream and bring to a boil.
- Add siling panigang and cook until sili is cooked or about 5 minutes. Season with MAGGI Magic Sarap.
Substituting fish to red meat 2 to 3 times a week was found to help reduce risk for heart disease. This Fish Menudo recipe is an easy way to include Grow and Glow Food in your family’s diet.
½ kg cream dory, cubed
2 tbsp MAGGI Savor, Classic
1 tbsp calamansi juice
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
2 pieces medium potato, cubed and fried
1 piece carrot, cubed and fried
2 pieces saging na saba, cubed and fried
1 cup tomato sauce
¼ cup water or as needed
½ cup garbanzos, peeled
¼ cup raisins
1 piece green bell pepper, cubed
1 piece red bell pepper, cubed
1 sachet 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate fish in MAGGI Savor and calamansi juice for at least 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil. Sauté garlic and onion until limp. Add prepared fish, potatoes, carrot and saging na saba. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in tomato sauce and water. Simmer for 30 seconds. Add garbanzos, raisins and peppers. Cook for another minute.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP, salt and pepper to taste. Serve on top of rice or with bread on the side.
There’s no better way to ensure that your family eats healthy food than when you prepare it yourself, with love.